Welcome to the Allen County SPCA
For over 65 years the Allen County SPCA has served northeast Indiana’s pets and the people who love them. Every year we place thousands of dogs and cats into forever homes. Our animals come to us from a variety of circumstances and require attention from the moment they arrive. While in our care, we provide medical and rehabilitation services, enrichment, and behavior assessments as necessary to give our animals the best opportunity for adoption. Each pet available for adoption is spayed or neutered and current on all vaccines.
In addition, we offer comprehensive pet retention programs to assist pet owners in need and those with barriers to care for their beloved animals.
Operating without any financial support from the government, the Allen County SPCA survives solely through the generosity of pet lovers in our community.
PetSmart Charities National Adoption
Saturday, February 23
PetSmart Apple Glen
1760 Apple Glen Blvd.
12 noon - 3 pm
Northern Indiana Pet Expo
April 27 & 28, 2019
Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
11 am - 4 pm both days
The Allen County SPCA has been approved as a Cat Pawsitive Pro (CCP) shelter. The CCP program is an initiative of Jackson Galaxy, a signature program of GreaterGood.org that brings positive reinforcement training to shelters and people having a profound impact on their communities. This program uses a 'trainer' approach to help shy, scared, and overly exuberant cats in shelters become their most lovable selves in order to find forever homes.
Receiving Shelter Program
The Allen County SPCA has partnered the ASPCA to become a receiving shelter for the transport of dogs to Fort Wayne! This program saves the lives of countless dogs from overpopulated shelters around the country by bringing them to the Allen County SPCA to be adopted. We are so proud to have been approved for this program by the ASPCA, and we look forward to continuing our mission to provide a safe haven for animals as well as providing these animals with permanent, forever homes. Thank you, ASPCA!
By choosing the Spay-Neuter, Pet Friendly license plate at your local BMV, you are not only showing your love of pets, you're helping make every Indiana shelter a zero-kill shelter. SNSI receives funding from this specialty plate and provides direct support to nearly 250 rescue groups and shelters across the state.
Easy ways to support us!
Dog Tag Art supports animal shelter and rescue organizations including us. Our foster dogs are currently wearing ID tags donated by them. Visit Dog Tag Art today to create your own custom dog tag for your pet. If you visit their website by clicking on their logo to the left, our shelter will receive 20% of sales.
The Spay + Neuter Collection celebrates responsible pet ownership. 10% of proceeds from the sale of Spay + Neuter cards is donated to the Allen County SPCA.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to your charity of choice! To recognize us as your charity, visit AmazonSmile and select "Allen County Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals." Then, start shopping! Every time you shop AmazonSmile, our animals will benefit. Visit https://smile.amazon.com and sign up today. It's free!
Register your Kroger Rewards Card and help the Allen County SPCA while you shop for groceries. Visit Kroger Community Rewards and sign up today. Our organization number is 55024 or type in Allen County SPCA. You'll need to renew your charity choice every year. If you have questions or need any help, go to the service desk of your local store and let them know you want to link your card to donate to the Allen County SPCA.
Join the Fresh Step Paw Points program and earn points for every purchase from crystal cat litter to clumping kitty litter. Donate your rewards points to our shelter where we will redeem for cat supplies. Register at www.freshstep.com.
The Allen County SPCA is one of just 36 charities in the state of Indiana to hold a 4-star rating, and one of only eight 4-star rated charities in Fort Wayne! Charity Navigator is an independent, nonprofit organization that has become the nation's largest and most-utilized evaluator of charities.
Every purchase of a Lucky Dogs Lure Coursing System will generate a $100 donation to our organization. Just select the Allen County SPCA in the dropdown box at checkout. It's That Easy...Your rescue, Your choice. Get Reddy to make a difference.
We are proud to be a part of the Bissell Partners For Pets program! Click the logo for more information on how you can help the Allen County SPCA.
Want to help
Volunteers are the life force of the Allen County SPCA. They touch every aspect of our operations and provide the highest-quality care for our pets. This work enables us to magnify our impact and save more lives. By joining The Allen County SPCA team of dedicated volunteers, you’ll build strong relationships with other like-minded volunteers, the animal-loving community, and of course, the animals themselves.
• Volunteers are required to become members of our organization at a discounted rate of $15.00/year to help deter the costs of volunteer apparel and training. Membership dues are to be paid at orientation.
• Volunteers must commit to at least 6 months of volunteering with the Allen County SPCA.
• Volunteers must be able to complete at least 4 hours every 30 days with the Allen County SPCA.
• Volunteers must be willing to create a weekly or every other week schedule that fits their and the shelters needs.
• Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer without a parent or guardian present.
• Volunteers 12-15 years of age must have a parent or guardian present and actively volunteering alongside them. Parent or guardian is limited to 1 person, but may have up to 2 volunteers with them.
• Volunteers 18+ must have a valid form of photo ID
• Volunteers aged 16 - 17 must have a parent or guardian sign a volunteer release form.
• Volunteers must be able to communicate professionally, as human interaction is a requirement of all volunteer roles.
• Volunteer must read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information, as well as being able to remember and follow shelter protocols.
• Volunteers must have regular access to an email account and be able to use simple software to log their volunteer hours
• Volunteers can be terminated if they do not abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Allen County SPCA.
Ready to volunteer? Click here to fill out our online Volunteer Application.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Our center is always on the lookout for supplies that will help keep our dogs and cats healthy, safe and happy. From food to toys, we welcome a number of items that will give our fur friends a comfortable lifestyle. Some items can be purchased directly from our wishlist on Amazon.com. Just follow the links or click here for our full list.
• Kitty litter
• Cat & kitten food (wet or dry)
• Dog & puppy food (wet or dry)
• Hill's Science Diet cat & dog food
• Puppy pads
• Box lids from copy paper cases (for disposable litter boxes)
• Canned tuna, sardines, or mackerel
• Paper towel tubes
• Egg cartons - prefer paper
• Martingale collars (medium & large sizes)
• Made in the USA rawhide chews & dog treats
• Disposable cat scratchers
• Heavy weight paper bowls
• Peanut butter
• Lint rollers
• Kuranda dog beds
• Kuranda Vinyl cat perches
• Screw on cage food & water bowls
• Copy paper
• Dish detergent
• 39 gal or larger trash bags
• Tall kitchen trash bags
• Paper towels
• Gift cards to PETCO, PetSmart, Pet Supplies Plus, & Green DogGoods
• Aluminum cans, cell phones, laptops, computer towers, iPods, ink jet cartridges (not toner)
* We do not take comforters or pillows. (Some of our dogs like to chew the stuffing out of them.)
Donations may be dropped off during our regular business hours.
To join these companies in support of the Allen County SPCA email Melissa.