Contact the Allen County SPCA
Have a question or concern? Please let us know.
When contacting us via email, please include your name and phone number. Also, in the SUBJECT LINE, please put your FIRST and LAST names so that your email is not filtered as spam.
The Allen County SPCA will promote the prevention of cruelty to animals by providing:
• A safe haven for animals
• An effective and comprehensive adoption program
• Education and outreach programs for the community
• Rehabilitation and medical services
Want to help
Volunteers are the life force of the Allen County SPCA. They touch every aspect of our operations and provide the highest-quality care for our pets. This work enables us to magnify our impact and save more lives. By joining The Allen County SPCA team of dedicated volunteers, you’ll build strong relationships with other like-minded volunteers, the animal-loving community, and of course, the animals themselves.
• Volunteers are required to become members of our organization at a discounted rate of $15.00/year to help deter the costs of volunteer apparel and training. Membership dues are to be paid at orientation.
• Volunteers must commit to at least 6 months of volunteering with the Allen County SPCA.
• Volunteers must be able to complete at least 4 hours every 30 days with the Allen County SPCA.
• Volunteers must be willing to create a weekly or every other week schedule that fits their and the shelters needs.
• Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer without a parent or guardian present.
• Volunteers 12-15 years of age must have a parent or guardian present and actively volunteering alongside them. Parent or guardian is limited to 1 person, but may have up to 2 volunteers with them.
• Volunteers 18+ must have a valid form of photo ID
• Volunteers aged 16 - 17 must have a parent or guardian sign a volunteer release form.
• Volunteers must be able to communicate professionally, as human interaction is a requirement of all volunteer roles.
• Volunteer must read and comprehend detailed policy and protocol information, as well as being able to remember and follow shelter protocols.
• Volunteers must have regular access to an email account and be able to use simple software to log their volunteer hours
• Volunteers can be terminated if they do not abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Allen County SPCA.
Ready to volunteer? Click here to fill out our online Volunteer Application.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Our center is always on the lookout for supplies that will help keep our dogs and cats healthy, safe and happy. From food to toys, we welcome a number of items that will give our fur friends a comfortable lifestyle. Some items can be purchased directly from our wishlist on Amazon.com. Just follow the links or click here for our full list.
• Kitty litter
• Cat & kitten food (wet or dry)
• Dog & puppy food (wet or dry)
• Hill's Science Diet cat & dog food
• Puppy pads
• Box lids from copy paper cases (for disposable litter boxes)
• Canned tuna, sardines, or mackerel
• Paper towel tubes
• Egg cartons - prefer paper
• Martingale collars (medium & large sizes)
• Made in the USA rawhide chews & dog treats
• Disposable cat scratchers
• Heavy weight paper bowls
• Peanut butter
• Lint rollers
• Kuranda dog beds
• Kuranda Vinyl cat perches
• Screw on cage food & water bowls
• Copy paper
• Dish detergent
• 39 gal or larger trash bags
• Tall kitchen trash bags
• Paper towels
• Gift cards to PETCO, PetSmart, Pet Supplies Plus, & Green DogGoods
• Aluminum cans, cell phones, laptops, computer towers, iPods, ink jet cartridges (not toner)
* We do not take comforters or pillows. (Some of our dogs like to chew the stuffing out of them.)
Donations may be dropped off during our regular business hours.
To join these companies in support of the Allen County SPCA email Melissa.